We always want to make sure we look after our belongings and caring for our pet's collar is no different. We want to make sure that our customers are aware of how to prolong the usage of their Tweed Collars and we have made a easy to follow guide on how to do so.
1. Just like any wool clothing extra precaution must be taken and our collars are no exception, in order to maintain the overall look and feel of the collar. Once you have identified a stain/grime, the collar must be cleaned immediately.
2. Fill your basin with cold water and apply 2-3 squeezes of wool shampoo. We recommend using THE LAUNDRESS Wool & Cashmere Shampoo.
3. Mix the shampoo thoroughly in the cold water until water turns soapy.
4. Using a dry cleaning cloth, dab the cloth in the water and rub gently on the dirty part of the collar. Repeat until marks have disappeared.
5. Once the marks have been removed, squeeze with your fingers any excess water the collar has absorbed.
6. Reshape the collar into its original position should it shrivel in size.
7. Next, allow the collar to be air dried. We recommend placing on a washing stand to allow air to pass from above and underneath of the collar.
8. Finally, allow the collar to be dried for at least 24 hours before using.